• Contact Us

    Financial Aid Office



Graduate Students

Home > Admissions and Aid > Graduate Students > Costs and Financial Aid
  • Financial Aid Process

    1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at  www.fafsa.ed.gov . You will file the FAFSA each year after January 1st based on your completed income tax returns.  You will need to establish an FSA User ID.
    2. Review your FAFSA results – the Student Aid Report (SAR) – within 2 to 4 weeks after filing. Check the SAR for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.  
    3. Complete an Entrance Counseling session, as required by the Department of Education, at  www.studentloans.gov . Entrance Counseling ensures that you fully understand your rights and responsibilities as a student borrower to repay your loans. 
    4. Complete and sign your Federal Direct Master Promissory Note electronically at  www.studentloans.gov . The promissory note contains the terms and conditions of the loan. 
    5. Receive an award packet outlining your financial aid eligibility. Remember, you may choose to keep the loan(s) – fully or in part – or decline it. Be aware that your financial aid can change throughout the year as a result of verification, or a change in number of credits – fulltime – halftime, or below halftime. 
    6. Veterans are encouraged to visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website,  www.gibill.va.gov to apply for benefits.

    Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

    Federal law (Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended) mandates that institutions of higher education establish minimum standards of satisfactory academic progress for students receiving any federal financial aid. Eligibility for Saint Vincent College institutional grants and scholarships will follow the regulations for federal aid.  In addition, the Pennsylvania State Grant program and programs from other states also have their own established academic progress standards.

    Students must meet these standards of academic progress to continue to receive federal loan funds.

    The academic records of all students will be reviewed annually after each spring semester to calculate the percentage of attempted credits the student has successfully completed and to determine the cumulative grade point average the student has earned. Any student not meeting the standards set by this policy will be ineligible for aid until the deficiencies have been made up.  An appeal process is available to students who have experienced personal illness or accident, death of an immediate family member, or other extraordinary circumstances. 

    Note:  The FAFSA must be filed yearly to receive federal Direct Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS Loans


    Graduate & Professional Students 




    Federal Student Aid  

    Direct Unsubsidized Loans & Graduate PLUS Loans 

              3.0 cumulative GPA

    All students must have earned at least 67% of the cumulative number of credits attempted, including all credits attempted at Saint Vincent and all credits transferred in from other institutions that count toward the degree.

    Total credits attempted cannot exceed 150% of the credits required of the published length of the program.  All courses with a grade designated as G,IP,W, & WF and repeated course are considered attempted.