The KCOE can provide your organization with skilled individuals, trained in the Alex G. McKenna School of Business, Economics and Government at Saint Vincent College. These individuals are capable of providing added value to organizations and customers across a variety of industries. The added value our students can provide is contributed to the constant focus on seeking ways to continuously improve, solve problems, and eliminate waste streams.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of leaders must be clear to maintain mutual trust and respect, and to empower front-line colleagues.
Visual management is about SEEING problems as they occur. It helps manage information in simple visual ways. If we can see it, we can act on it.
Plan, Do, Check, Analyze/Act (PDCA)
PDCA is a mindset and thought process that should be used in everything we do in OE. In each PDCA cycle we must make a good plan (Plan), Implement the plan on time (Do), Evaluate whether or not the desired results are being achieved (Check), Get back on target (Analyze/Act), and repeat the cycle constantly. PDCA helps avoid experiencing recurring problems and it makes continual improvement possible by always challenging the new standard.
What to Expect
- A program committed to creating opportunities for industry professionals and students to interact and build long lasting relationships
- Talented students passionate about making a difference and promoting a culture of mutual respect
- Students eager to join organizations and implement OE tools that improve inefficiencies, customer satisfaction and perform on a world-class level
- A strong emphasis on the importance of creating organizational cultures focused on continuous improvement and problem solving
- Quality students that understand the criticality of being able to balance both the human and operational sides of business