Requirements for a Minor in Children's Literature
Children’s Literature minors must choose four of the following courses, one of which must require a researched literary analysis:
- EL 128- Children's Literature: Fables to 1900
- EL 129- Young Adult Fiction
- EL 130- Children's Literature: 1900 to Present
- EL 259- Critical Approaches to Children's Literature
- EL 272- Advanced Studies in Children's Literature
- EL 273- Representations of Childhood in Literature
- EL 274- Representations of Childhood in Film
- In addition, students complete six elective credits.
Students are encouraged to choose from the courses listed above and/or choose relevant courses in related disciplines by approval of the director, Dr. Sara Lindey (email@example.com).