Pre-Health Professional Programs
Saint Vincent College has a long history of preparing students for entrance to health profession schools including human medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, optometry, podiatry and chiropractic. Our current pre-health professional programs include:
How do I choose the right school for my premedical education?
Here are some questions to ask when you consider a college or university. Your career guidance counselor or science teacher can help you find the answers. You also should consult the many college guidebooks found in your school's guidance office, local libraries and bookstores.
- Does the school have a good faculty and a reputation for high academic standards? Is it accredited?
- Does it offer a broad range of courses in the humanities and in the social, behavioral and natural sciences?
- Does it have strong science departments with good laboratory facilities?
- Does it offer all of the required courses I need for acceptance to medical school?
- Does the college have a designated advisor specifically trained to help students interested in the health professions?
- Does it have a good track record for having its students accepted to medical school?
- Does it offer extracurricular activities that appeal to me? Are there programs to do volunteer work at local hospitals or clinics?
- Are there programs where I can demonstrate leadership and compassion?
- Does it feel right for me? Am I comfortable with its size, location, social life and general atmosphere?
- Is it affordable for me and my family?
Saint Vincent College can offer all of this and more. Come visit us