Dennis McDaniel Ph.D.
Associate Professor, English
Ph.D., Duquesne University
M.A., Duquesne University
B.A., Saint Vincent College
British Renaissance Literature
Literary Criticism II: Contemporary Theories
Modern European Literature
Rock 'n' Roll Criticism
Shakespeare on Film
Shakespeare: Comedies and Tragedies
The Beat Generation
The Literature of Protest
About Dennis McDaniel Ph.D.
Dr. McDaniel's teaching and research interests range from British Renaissance literature to popular music studies. In all of his courses, be they introductory or advanced, writing courses or literature courses, Dr. McDaniel's students explore forms and statements of cultural resistance. In addition to chairing the English Department, Dr. McDaniel is the Faculty Moderator of the student newspaper, The Review.
- “US Christian Nationalism is far from Christianity, authors argue.” Review of Taking American Back for God. The National Catholic Reporter. April 15, 2020.
- “Heartland conveys perpetual cycle of poverty in the Midwest.” Review of Heartland, by Sarah Smarsh. The National Catholic Reporter, August 21, 2019.
- “’Mommy’s Dead’: The Gallows Humor of Hardcore Punk.” The Routledge Companion to Popular Music and Humor. Edited by Thomas Kitts and Nicholas Baxter-Moore, 2019
- “In the face of Trumpism, Jon Meacham maintains belief in our national soul.” Review of The Soul of America, by Jon Meacham. The National Catholic Reporter, January 29, 2019
- Review of Hope in Hard Times: Norvelt and the Struggle for Community during the Great Depression by Timothy Kelly, et al. The National Catholic Reporter, April 6, 2018.