Applying to SVC - Undergraduate
If you wish to apply for admission to Saint Vincent College, you must make sure that we receive the following items:
- Your completed, signed application form
- Your $25 application fee or fee waiver form
- Your official high school transcripts
- (Transfer applicants only) Transcripts from all colleges you’ve attended
- Your SAT or ACT scores
- Letter(s) of reference or recommendation (optional)
- Your essay or writing sample (optional)
For Test-Optional Applicants:
Applicants who did not take the SAT/ACT may be required to submit one of the following items to aid in the application review process. Your admission counselor will contact you via email and/or phone number provided on your application should one of these supplemental items be required.
- 3-5 page writing sample from a junior- or senior-level high school course
- Personal statement of no more than 3 printed pages or video of no more than 5 minutes responding to the provided prompt:
- Prompt: Saint Vincent is a learning community based in academic rigor, service and personal/spiritual growth. How do you plan to contribute to our community during your time as a student?
- Virtual interview with admission counselor or Dean of Admission
- Each applicant will be evaluated on academic performance, rigor of high school curriculum, class rank (when provided), one or more of the test optional additional requirements in lieu of test scores, extracurricular activities/involvement, letters of recommendation (optional), motivation, character, and potential for success at Saint Vincent College.
If you’re thinking about applying to Saint Vincent College, we encourage you to visit the campus, meet some of the people here and have a look around. Many of our students tell us that it was during their campus visit that they knew without reservation that Saint Vincent College was the right choice for them.
If you let us know when you would like to visit, we will be happy to schedule an admission appointment and campus tour for you during one of those times. Our phone number is (724) 805-2500 or 1-800-SVC-5549. An online visit request form is also available here.
If you have an exceptional record, Saint Vincent College may allow you to begin your degree program after you've completed your junior year in high school. To be considered for this option, you should be in the upper tenth of your class and have the assurance that your high school will grant you a diploma after you've successfully completed one year of college. An interview with the Dean of Admission is required.
Saint Vincent College has a rolling admission policy; that is, we'll notify you of our admission committee's decision shortly after we've received all your credentials.