Jennifer Koehl Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Biology
Ph.D., Illinois State University
M.S., Clarion University of Pennsylvania
B.A., Lycoming College
Bacteria, Friends or Foe?
General Biology I and Lab
Junior Research Seminar
Medical Microbiology and Lab
Microbiology and Lab
- Koehl, J. L., Muthaiyan, A., Jayaswal, R. K., Ehlert, K, Labishinski, H., and Wilkinson, B. J. (2004) Cell wall composition and decreased autolytic activity and lysostaphin susceptibility of glycopeptide-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrobial A
- Koehl, J.L. 2004. Using Primary Research Articles. Great Ideas! In Teaching Microbiology. 1:6-7.
- Singh, V. K., Schmidt, J. L., Jayaswal, R. K. and B. J. Wilkinson. (2003) Impact of sigB mutation on Staphylococcus aureus oxacillin and vancomycin resistance varies with parental background and method of assessment. International Journal of Antimicrobial
- Pfeltz, R. F., Schmidt, J. L., & Wilkinson, B. J. (2001, Fall) Microdilution plating is as effective as standard plating in glycopeptide-intermediate and methicillin-resistance Staphylococcus aureus population analysis. Microbial Drug Resistance. 7 (3): 2
- Pfeltz, R. F., Singh, V. K., Schmidt, J. L., Batten, M. A.^, Nadakavukaren, M. J., Jayaswal, R. K., & Wilkinson, B. J. (2000, Feb). Characteristic of passage-selected glycopeptide-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus of diverse parental backgrounds. Antimic
- Biotechnology Program Student Researcher, Saint Vincent College. 2005. Funding for an Undergraduate Student Research during the Summer of 2005.
- Faculty Research Grant, Saint Vincent College. 2003. Autolysis Alterations as a Mechanism of Vancomycin Resistance in Vancomycin (Glycopeptide) Intermediate Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (GISA) Strains.
- Faculty Research Grant, Saint Vincent College. 2005. Protein Changes in Vancomycin-Resistant and Vancomycin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus under Non-stress and Stress Conditions.
- Pittsburgh Conference Memorial National College Grant. 2003. Enhancing the Microbiology Curriculum at Saint Vincent College through acquisition of Colony Counters and Electrophoresis Sets.
- Travel Grant, ASM and the Committee for Undergraduate Education. 2003. To travel and present at the 10th Anniversary ASM Undergraduate Microbiology Education Conference, College Park, MD.