Lucas Briola Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Theology
School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Catholic Social Teaching
Ecclesiology and Liturgy
Modern Systematic Theology
Theology of Bernard Lonergan
Systematic Theology I
Techne and Agape: Faith in a Technological Age
Theology and Science: Friends or Foes?
Ph.D., The Catholic University of America
M.T.S., Boston College School of Theology and Ministry
B.A., Saint Vincent College
- Everything is Interconnected: Towards a Globalization with a Human Face and an Integral Ecology. Marquette University Press, 2019. (Book)
- “Dramatic Artistry in Our Common Home: Robert Doran and the Doxological Anthropology of Laudato Si’.” In Intellect, Affect, and God: The Trinity, History, and the Life of Grace. Marquette University Press, Forthcoming, 2021.
- “Responding to the One Cry of Earth and Poor: An Integral Ecology, the Scale of Values, and Eucharistic Healing.” In Everything is Interconnected: Towards a Globalization with a Human Face and an Integral Ecology. Marquette University Press, 2019.
- “The Integral Ecology of Laudato Si’ and a Seamless Garment: The Sartorial Usefulness of Lonergan and Doran’s Turn to Culture.” The Lonergan Review 9 (2018): 31-48.
- “Sustainable Communities and Eucharistic Communities: Laudato si’, Northern Appalachia, and Redemptive Recovery.” Journal of Moral Theology 6, Special Issue 1 (March 2017): 22-33.
- “A Case Study in Scholasticism: Peter Lombard and Peter Abelard on Penance.” Journal of Moral Theology 5, no. 1 (Jan. 2016): 65-85.
- “What Does it Mean to Call Thomas Aquinas’s Summa Theologiae a ‘Spiritual Exercise’?.” Downside Review 133, no. 469 (July 2015): 252-272.