Transfer to Saint Vincent
At Saint Vincent, we understand that students have many reasons for deciding to transfer. Whether those reasons are financial, academic or personal, our warm and welcoming community is ready to assist in making your transition to Saint Vincent as smooth as possible.
Why transfer to Saint Vincent College?
"It was the people, the atmosphere, and just overall the incredible sense of belonging and peace that came from the experience." - Alexis C., Art Education Major, Class of 2022
- For students seeking a challenging curriculum, we offer more than 55 undergraduate majors including both B.A. and B.S.
- Students needing extra academic support will benefit from our academic and personalized support services.
- All accepted students receive financial aid. Transfer students are eligible for awards of up to $18,000 per year based on their college GPA.
- We offer many opportunities to get involved outside the classroom – including leadership and service opportunities and clubs for every interest.
- 99% of those responding to a survey of the Class of 2018 were employed or in graduate school.
- Saint Vincent ranks in the first tier of U.S. News & World Report’s listing of National Liberal Arts Colleges.
Transfer Student Application Process
If you are applying to Saint Vincent College as a transfer student, your academic achievement and personal history at the post-secondary schools you've attended will be of primary importance to us. However, we'll also need to receive your secondary school record as background information for academic counseling.
A transfer counselor in the Office of Admission and Financial Aid will evaluate your transcripts at your request - even before you apply.
- Completed application for admission - Apply Online
- Final official high school transcript *
- SAT or ACT scores *
- Official transcript from all colleges attended may be sent electronically from the college to email@example.com
- Completed Dean of Students Reference Form
* High school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores may be faxed from the high school guidance office: 724-805-2507.
The applicant’s academic achievement and personal history at post-secondary schools attended are very important in the decision for admittance. Competitive transfer students are likely to present credentials of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in college-level coursework.
Costs and Financial Aid
The cost of a degree from Saint Vincent will vary for every student depending on eligibility for the many different forms of financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans and work-study. More than 97% of SVC students - and 100% of the freshman class - receive some form of financial aid.
Saint Vincent invests in you, to help you succeed both in your career and as a person with a valuable contribution to make to society.
The Financial Aid Office at Saint Vincent College is committed to providing the highest level of customer service to our students and families in planning for and meeting expenses associated with a Saint Vincent College education. We focus on establishing aid eligibility, awarding scholarships, grants, loans, and employment opportunities from federal, state, private and institutional sources to all eligible students and to provide counseling associated with financing an education.